Monday, August 23, 2010

Kids Cook Monday


Check it out!

So, last week, I was a little distracted. I've been sick and really everything kind of fell by the wayside. Anyway I wanted to share this with everyone because it is something that is special to me.

My Dad is a wonderful baker. Growing up we used to have these huge pizza feasts! My dad would bake pizza from scratch, italian rolls from scratch. Then on the weekends he would make biscuits, from scratch. He made breads, sweet and savory. He made any kind of bread you could think of. There were times he even made his own pasta, but that isn't baking is it? lol

Anyway, my point is, this is something I remember fondly of my childhood. Now, I pride myself on being able to cook well. I won't even begin to claim I am a chef or anywhere NEAR a chef. My sister is the chef, Nationally recognized at that. But I think I can pretty well hold my own in the kitchen. But the one thing I DON'T do is bake. oh, yea, sure. I can open a box with the best of them. But I don't sift flour, or knead dough. It's just not something I like to do. I like to make cakes, but never from scratch.

However, it is something I want my kids to experience. And so, I ask my dad to step in...

He and Nathaniel had fun making rolls to go with some really great soup I made that night. They all got eaten before I could take a finished product pic, but I did snag this one of Nathaniel being goofy.


He loved how you can see his eye in this pic :D

I really want my kids to develop a love of cooking for what it is: creative, fun, and a way to show your loved ones you care. It's days like this that I thoroughly love being a Mom.

Happy Healthy Monday Everyone!

ps... For those looking for my Muffin Tin Monday post, it's coming....

No comments:

Post a Comment