Sunday, August 15, 2010

couponing tip

I don't have time for much, but wanted to let everyone know, stores are getting smart about these coupons. I went grocery shopping today with my mom. I had some really good target coupons, but didn't want to go to target (we don't have a superTarget here :( ) Anyway, good thing Bi-lo accepts competitors coupons right? I thought I was gonna have some awesome deals. Unfortunately, they have a new rule. (or at least new-to-me, i've never run into this at my store) I get to the register and the guy tells me they only accept 3 competitors coupons. That was really a bummer. I had about 6 coupons (high dollar too!) that I had to take out, but next time I will know and can divide my order up a little better.

In this heat, I don't have the opportunity to go on many shopping trips. I am 30min from most stores, and the van isn't exactly in the best working condition. Add to that a small gas budget, and I really have to limit my shopping. Here is basically what I bought today... beef (2 separate family packs, different cuts), italian sausage,  canned soups and pasta, LOTS of produce (my kids go through about $25 worth of fruits/fresh veggies in a week) 3 gallons Milk, bread, ice cream, cereals, snacks, chicken, juices, and who knows what else that I can't remember LOL {one of these days I will have the energy once I get home to lay it all out and take a picture lol } My fridge is pretty stocked now LOL I really won't have to go shopping for more than eggs and bread for the next few weeks. 2 grocery carts FULL for this trip. I had a ton of good deals that probably could have waited, but I wanted to take advantage of them while I could.

Here's my totals:

Subtotal before savings:     $367.50
Savings:                              126.01
Total after savings               241.49

It took me about an hour to get ready for this trip AFTER I had all the coupons cut out and in my binder. I'll post more about how I get ready later in the week. Have a good week everyone!

Happy Couponing!

No comments:

Post a Comment