Sunday, August 22, 2010

I did it!

OK, I have decided that I have to share my success of today. I'm hoping it will help some of you out there that are having similar troubles.

This morning, I woke up to my husband in the kitchen making the usual Sunday pancakes. He does this every week. Sometimes pancakes, sometimes waffles, but always, always, always, I get to sleep in :) It is bliss. However, today, as in so many days lately, I also can hear the frustration in his movements, the little grumbles. Nothing major, he's too sweet for that. But I can tell he's frustrated. This is why....


Yes, that was my kitchen this morning.... Well, sort of.. Technically this is my kitchen AFTER I had already begun cleaning it. Now, before you go condemning me as filthy or lazy or whatever I have to say, this is really only 2 days worth of dishes. {{ The coke bottles are actually empty water bottles that needed refilling (my mother likes our well water for drinking)}} Add to that the fact I've been sick and the medicine I'm on makes me loopy.

But, no excuses. It makes me sad to see my kitchen this way. One of the main reasons we bought this house was the kitchen. So, I got out of bed determined to get this cleaned up and after I had eptied the sink and the dishwasher (as seen above) I decided to blog about it to prove that it CAN BE DONE and also to help those out there that are in the same boat, for whatever reason.

Now, first I want to tell you that I used http://www.flylady.net/ as a huge motivator here. I've been fluttering for years and might just begin flying yet. I used the 15 minute method she talks about on her site. Even though my meds make me feel really funky, I figured I could work on it for a little bit at a time. So here I go.

Set the timer....

The first thing I did was
I took everything out of my sinks and the dishwasher and loaded all the dishes I could into the dishwasher and started it. My timer went off, so I reset it and took a break.

When the timer went off I got back to work.
Next, I followed the steps to 


No, this isn't the finished product, I apparently forgot to take a pic when it was completely done, but it's getting there. I really dislike having white sinks LOL
Anyway, the timer went off so.... I took a break.. are you getting the pattern here?

So, the next 15 minutes of working produced this...

And I took a break, then...
Yes, I washed ALL those dishes in 15 minutes BY HAND  LOL
It really doesn't take long.
So I took a break.
Then came this...
And after a break, finally this...

HOORAAYYYY my nice pretty kitchen is all clean again! Yes, it took a little while, but I was still able to do it even though I could only stand for about 15 minutes at a time!

So there you have it. There's my success that I want to celebrate. What's yours?? let me know! I wanna celebrate with you!

And definitely, go check out The Flylady She truly is an awesome inspiration!

Happy Housekeeping :)

No comments:

Post a Comment