Saturday, August 29, 2009

LIfe

Well, we finished week 2. Everything went pretty well, with a few exceptions. Garret is still having some concentration issues. He struggled quite a bit with Math this week, and I think it is because he is bored. I'll have him look at a new type of book next week and see if maybe he does better with that curriculum. I pulled Aleah completely off of Math-U-See. I doubt she will use it at all, but for now she is just too young. I think this may be the biggest problem with Math-u-See. It's not set up for young kids that are smart enough to do the math but not mature enough to the "boring" work.... I think that's the biggest thing with Garret right now too. He's really smart enough to be flying through this part of the curriculum, but Math-u-see doesnt really allow for you to move that fast through it. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong, I dunno LOL But for now, I am going back to a "pre-school" math curriculum for the paper part of the work, (because it is what I have on hand) then working with her verbally on addition and subtraction.

Today is the Fairest of the Fair pageant at SE Tennessee Regional Fair in Athens, TN. I'm really hoping it doesn't rain. For now radar is clear, but forecast is 30% chance. We decided to go more casual this year for two reasons. One, Erik has to work. This saddens me, but I know it is a fact of life. Aleah seems to be taking it in stride though. However, I cannot handle everything. I cannot take care of all three kids and get Aleah all dolled up formally. So we are going with "Sunday Dress" for this one. We tried everything out yesterday and she really does look cute :) She will be wearing a pink flower sun-dress and have her hair in pig-tails and ribbons and wear some really cute sandals. This will be much easier on her and myself. Less stress means she will have more fun, which is what counts. My sister and her husband, Eric, will be coming. They have grand plans of a picnic with Arby's sandwiches (the ruffians favorite) and fruit and lemonade. I just hope the weather holds long enough. If not, I'm sure we will find something to do :) The kids love to spend time with Aunt Jenny. BTW. "The ruffians' is what my mother and everyone at her work calls my kids. Not sure why, it has just stuck.

Well, I'm off to get some breakfast and start my day. Hope everyone has a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment