Friday, August 21, 2009

1 week down, many many more to go.




OK, so our first full week of homeschooling is OVER :) and I must say it went pretty well. We had a bit of tears from Garret, and only minimal whining from Nathaniel. I need to adjust our math curriculum though. The kids seem to be bored with Math-u-see. I am thinking of going with Singapore math, as it seems to be more varied. May still give it another week though. We've been doing math since early in the summer, so really it's not something new to them, but I want to make sure.




Everything else they seemed to enjoy, though I must admit, I'll be glad to be able to get some set curriculum. I'm not looking forward to searching down writing and reading assignments for Nathaniel for the upcoming week. For Garret and Aleah I was able to find some good workbooks cheap at Walgreens (The School Zone) to get them through for right now. I also took Creative Writing out of Garret's curriculum for now. He was stressing big time with what he already had to do and it was just too much. I may start adding in one assignment a week on an "easy" day.




Tomorrow we are going to go enter the kids art projects into the local fair. Nathaniel drew a castle, Garret painted a wooden castle bird feeder and Aleah painted a castle on canvas.... hm... can u tell my kids like castles??? They are each very original though.. Aleah's is of course, pink and purple and glittery. Garret's is rainbow colored with stars and hot wheels flame stickers and glitter. Nathaniel's is a simple pencil drawing with bad guys running up to it and the lookouts in the lookout towers shooting crossbows at them. Yea, my kids like the same things, but they still have their individuality.

No comments:

Post a Comment