Friday, July 16, 2010

TGIF

TGIF - Thank Goodness it's Friday

As homeschoolers, this doesn't always apply. Some weeks I dread Friday. Why? because it means our busy weekend is about to start. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE all the things we do on the weekends but sometimes it gets so hectic it is hard to keep up. There is gymnastics, and grocery shopping (because it is MUCH easier to do with one child versus 3or 4) then family birthday parties (at least once a month), friend birthday parties, Errands to run for hubby, grass to mow, etc. Not to mention every other weekend is an "End of unit" for Erik and I, which means tests, homework due dates, and finishing up other assignments. Then of course there is planning for the following week of school for the kids. After all is said and done, we are oftentimes looking forward to the break that is Monday.

This weekend is not that busy, thankfully. We have gymnastics, and Erik and I have just started a new school term so we have lots of reading to do, but otherwise just the around the house things to be done. Today we are hoping to go swimming at the YMCA and I'm hoping to be able to read a bit for school while we are there.

I would have liked to be able to do some of my shopping today, but alas, I haven't got my coupons together. I really gotta get on top of that. Does anyone out there have a trick for staying on top of them? I print any time I see a good deal, but they end up staying on the printer until I absolutely HAVE to take care of it lol It's terrible.

Well, there you go, another one of my random posts.... hm... where did I put my tea?...

1 comment:

  1. oh MAN! I am fellin' ya on the busy weekends thing. this weekend we have so much going on it almost hurts to think about it!

    so glad you participated in the swap and we get the chance to connect!

    ReplyDelete