Tuesday, March 23, 2010

update

Yesterday my baby Nathaniel had his tonsils out. I was completely stressed out. He came through OK with no problems, except that he didn't want to wake up from the anesthesia :) That's my boy. Knows how to sleep that is for sure. He is eating alot of mashed potatoes so far, but not really enjoying the popsicles. On the way home yesterday we got a milk shake for him, and he enjoyed that. This morning his throat and jaw are swollen but not drastically. I had the alarm set last night for 1230 and 430 to give him his pain medicine. I don't want to give him the chance to come off of it until later this afternoon. I wanted to get him eating before I do. It's gonna be an interesting couple of weeks.

Tomorrow we go for our follow up appt with Dr Knowles, Garret's neurologist. I'm not overly concerned with this, as I figure if there were anything terrible they would have called us before now. We recently have been given a diagnosis of PDD, Pervasive Developmental Disorder. This is on top of the anxiety disorder and the sensory disruption. Basically it is all rolled into one. Theoretically I suppose they could have found something on the MRI that is indicative or treatable and is related to this. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

I have spent today putting together our lesson plans for this coming school year. Our new year will be starting the first week of April. I have done things much easier this year (as far as planning goes) but I also think it is more inclusive than the hodge-podge we used this year. I'll post my choices later.

Time to go make some dinner. Any idea how hard it is to creatively feed a child who can't swallow anything harder than mashed potatoes???

No comments:

Post a Comment