Tuesday, December 1, 2009

If we make it through December......

Ok, so, it's been absolutely nuts here lately. Family issues aside (who doesn't have those?), it seems everything is just falling apart here.

Our cars are both having multi-hundred dollar issues, and we are lucky to have a hundred after everything is paid for the month. Erik works an hour away which means that if I need a vehicle, I have to take him to work at way too early in the morning. This is not new to me. We went over a year without a second vehicle, so it's not that big of a deal. Just mainly another straw, if you know what I mean. LOL

I just made an appointment for a consultation with a surgeon to see if Nathaniel needs his tonsils taken out. Again, I know this isn't a HUGE deal; kids get their tonsils out all the time, right? it's just that it will be my first experience with something MAJOR with my kids. I'm not overly surprised by it, though. I mean, he's the one that has always had some sort of illnes, it seems. He's allergic to most everything (which reminds me I have to call the doc about the medicine they gave him last night), he has chronic bronchitis, we usually go through about 2 rounds of breathing treatments per winter, he's already had MONO, has very sensitive skin, and has had more bizarre rashes in his 8 years then i have had in my life LOL. So even though I kind of expected this at some point, I'm still not feeling very brave about my baby having surgery.

Aleah has to have speech therapy. Again, not really a big deal, but one more thing to throw the schedule off. And with not having a vehicle, it really stinks.

Garret starts his "play therapy" on Thursday. However, the first appointment, I have to be there by myself. Great. This means that Erik will have to take a half day off. which means he doesn't get paid for a half day.

I go to school online, and needless to say, I'm a bit behind. With everything that has gone on this last couple of weeks (not to mention Thanksgiving) I've just not had the time or attention span to truly devote to my studies. The kids and I are focusing on more "unit study" type schooling right now, simply because it is all I have time for. We read lots of books and do crafts and hands on things that we can do on the spur of the moment. They are learning plenty, but I can't say they are learning "traditionally". But I must say I am glad that we do homeschool, otherwise, these next couple of weeks/months would be REALLY bad. I don't have to worry about juggling the kids' appointments with their "school days" AND our transportation issues.

Well, I guess I just needed to vent a bit :) I really am glad that we are able to do all these things that need to be done and that it will not take away from our family time together. As long as we have each other, we will be just fine. Reminds me of an old song... If we make it through December..........

No comments:

Post a Comment